Once upon a time, GPS technology was limited to a few types of devices, but mobile GPS is becoming the standard for millions of smartphones, handheld devices, watches and more. Which technology is right for you and how can you get the best GPS functionality for your dollar? Read on for your best mobile GPS options.
Almost every phone made today is equipped with a GPS chip. Smartphones with their capacitive touch screens use the best location technology. There are thousands of apps to help you navigate your driving, track your workouts or hikes. Leading the pack of smartphones for mobile GPS features are the Apple iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry phones.
Mobile smartphone GPS parameters
- Read the latest GPS smartphone reviews.
- Mount your smartphone in the car for GPS navigation and charge it at the same time.
- Compare iPhone GPS turn-by-turn navigation apps.
Car GPS still contains many GPS features for mobile phones
- Read the latest car GPS reviews and ratings.
- Check out new models of car GPS navigators such as Tom Tom XL 350, with free product life map and traffic service updates.
Portable mobile GPS devices will help you navigate the country.
Waterproof, rugged and with a long battery life, portable GPS devices are reliable companions in the countryside. Try them out for hiking, mountain biking, or a geocaching adventure game.
- Check out the latest portable GPS receiver reviews.
- Economical, versatile handheld GPS devices such as Garmin Dakota 20, help you anywhere in the world.
Get in shape with sports and fitness GPS mobile devices
A GPS sports and fitness watch will help you get the most out of your workouts and workouts, and will also keep you on pace during your race. GPS watch do not require additional wires or embedded sensors. You can use the GPS watch on a bike, while jogging or hiking, or for any outdoor activity.