Samsung Gear VR is one of the most affordable VR systems available today. This headset without a Samsung phone has received many small but important improvements. The end result is a portable entertainment center that offers games and movies, as well as a huge selection of new ways to fully immerse yourself in new worlds.
Here’s everything you need to get the most out of your Samsung Gear VR!
Meet the Samsung Gear VR
Samsung offers a unique, immersive experience designed to be worn for extended periods of time. You can take it anywhere with you and the whole experience travels with you. Here’s how you recognize this headset.
Why should I be interested?
There is so much to do with Gear VR. If you don’t know where to start, take a look at some of our events.
- How VR allows you to travel around the world without leaving your home
- Six Flags does VR rollercoasters right!
- The strange, wonderful world of watching movies on Gear VR
- PlayStation VR vs Samsung Gear VR: which one should you buy?
- Faceoff Field of View: Rift vs. Vive vs. Gear VR vs. PSVR
- Everything you need to know about porn on Gear VR
- Gear VR Tips and Tricks
- What it’s like to ride the first VR video game roller coaster
- How to watch Plex with Gear VR
As with all forms of virtual reality, there are some security aspects to keep in mind.
- VR and your privacy: how do these companies handle your data?
- How long in VR is too long?
- Tips to avoid motion sickness in VR
- How to clean Gear VR
- Everything You Can Do Through the Gear VR’s USB Port
- How to find the Gear VR model number
Opening up your new Gear VR is just the beginning. It’s easy to get started, but you want to make sure everything is done right so you get the best experience!
Installing the Gear VR Headset
- How to best pair with Gear VR
- Google Cardboard apps now work great on Gear VR
- Which Gear VR Should I Buy?
- What is Passthrough mode and why should I care?
- How to get the best Gear VR experience from your phone
- How to find a USB-C adapter for your Gear VR
- How to Record Your Gear VR Gameplay
Using Oculus Home
- How to use Oculus Home
- How to use Oculus Home without a credit card
- How to access the pass-through camera
- Managing notifications on Gear VR is very simple.
- How to use Oculus Voice
Gear VR boasts a lot of great games that you can get lost in. No matter what genre you prefer to play. Whether you want to shoot space pirates, escape a room, or solve a mystery, Gear VR has the game for you.
standing vs sitting
- The best Gear Gear VR games to play while seated
- Gear VR games you have to stand up to play
Best Gear VR Experience
- Amazing Early Access games available on Gear VR
- The best Gear VR games
- Drop Dead is the gold standard for FPS gaming on Gear VR
- Best Horror on Gear VR
- Walk through the nostalgia of the Gameboy emulator for Gear VR
- The best flight games for Gear VR
- The best racing games in VR
- The best multiplayer games on Gear VR
to share with friends
- Share your Gear VR with friends
- Get your pants off your friends with these Gear VR events
- Magnetique on Gear VR: Immerse yourself in the comic
- How to Broadcast Your Gear VR to Facebook
- How to control who gets notifications when streaming on Facebook
- Chromecast for Gear VR hides in plain sight