When you choose to purchase, download, and then watch a movie, the movie’s digital file is transferred over the Internet to the computer or mobile device you are using and stored locally. This means you can later watch it anywhere, anytime, as often as you like. You don’t need a continuous Internet connection to watch a movie after downloading and saving the file.
Download free movies from your cable TV provider
Many cable TV providers such as Comcast/Xfinity offer cinema services. When you use the official mobile app on your smartphone or tablet for this cable TV service provider, you can download an ever-changing selection of movies and then watch them at your leisure.
Depending on your cable provider, the next steps may be different. How Xfinity/Comcast subscriber, for example, do the following with using a smartphone or tablet:
- Download and install free mobile application Xfinity Stream from App Store (iPhone/iPad), Google Play Store (Android) or from the app store associated with your mobile device.
- Launch the app and log in with the username and password that you already have associated with your Xfinity Cable TV account.
- Press icon menu, which is in the upper left corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, click on option » Movie Review» .
- Click on the button » Filter» (located in the upper left corner of the screen).
- In the «Filters» menu, click on the » Available for download», to view the current list of movies that can be downloaded (as opposed to streaming).
- Press movie Related Image, which interests you.
- Press option downloads .
When you’re ready to watch your downloaded movie, click on the app’s menu icon. Under the heading «Saved» in the menu, click on the item «Downloads», click on the list of movies and then click «Watch».
This service is included as part of your monthly cable service, at no additional charge.
Download free movies from Netflix
If you are already Netflix subscriber many films offered primarily by streaming video can also be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet using the official Netflix mobile app. Follow these steps to find and download movies:
- Download and install the official Netflix mobile app on your smartphone or tablet device iOS or for devices on the Android based .
- sign in, using the username and password of your Netflix account.
- If you have multiple additional accounts for individual family members from section «Who’s watching?» click on your name or nickname.
- Press menu Icon, which is displayed in the upper left corner of the tablet screen. If you are using a smartphone, click on button Search to access the menu.
- From the main menu, touch options » Available for download» .
- Select the content you want to download by clicking on the image associated with the movie (or tap icon » Search» and then type in the movie title or keyword related to what you’re looking for).
- On the movie description screen, tap the Download icon.
Once the movie file has been downloaded and saved to your video device, to view it, press icon menu and then click » My downloads» . Press icon » Play» on the image associated with the movie list.
Download free movies from Amazon Prime Video
If you are subscriber Amazon Prime Video use the Prime Video mobile app to search, download and watch movies on your smartphone or tablet. Follow these steps:
- Download and install the Prime (Amazon) Prime Video movie app for iOS mobile device or for devices on the Android based .
- Sign in to the app using the email address and password associated with your Amazon Prime account.
- On the main screen of the application, tap the option » Movies» .
- Click on the image for the movie you are interested in.
- On the movie description screen, press the » Download» . Keep in mind that not all movies offered by Amazon Prime Video for streaming are also available for download.
To view the downloaded movie, return to the main screen of the application, tap on the option » Downloads» (displayed at the very bottom of the screen) and click on the image related to the movie list. Click on the button » Watch now» to start playing the movie.
Download movies from the iTunes Store to your iOS mobile device
Movies available in iTunes Store (operated by Apple), you can purchase or rent one movie at a time. There is no monthly subscription fee for this service. All Apple mobile devices come with the iTunes Store mobile app preinstalled.
If you are an Android mobile device user, movies can be purchased, downloaded, and ultimately viewed using the Google Play Store and a compatible media player app. The following steps are slightly different from what is described here for iOS mobile devices.
To use the iTunes Store, you must create a free account Apple ID and either link a debit/card card to that account or purchase a prepaid iTunes gift card to fund your account.
Follow these steps to purchase, download, and watch movies through the iTunes Store: