Sure, this might seem like a very simple message and everyone thinks they know to just remove the battery cover and then pull the battery out, but is this really the best way to do it? Simply put, no. You never want to just remove the battery from any working electronic device, unless of course it’s a BlackBerry, in which case you may need to do it daily. (Zing!) What’s the right way to do this you might be wondering, so let’s take a look real quick.
- Press and hold your device’s power button until the menu appears
- Select Turn Off, then confirm that you want to turn off the device
- Wait until the device turns off completely
- Remove the battery cover, then the battery
- Replace the battery and door, then press and hold the power button until the screen lights up
Of course, this might seem like the easiest thing to do: changing the battery shouldn’t be rocket science, but make sure to just power off the device properly before removing it from the device. So, now that you know how to change the battery, it’s probably a good time to make sure you have a backup battery for your device, you know, in case you need one.